Congratulations! You’re having a baby. There’s a lot to do to prepare for your little one’s arrival. One of which includes decorating the nursery walls.
Nursery wall art ideas
What should you decorate your baby’s nursery walls with? There’s lots of themes to choose from including:
- The sea
- Headbands and bows
Babies love animals. There are so many to choose from. You can focus on a group of animals like:
- farm animals – cows, sheep, horses, goats, chickens, ducks. Perhaps theme it around the nursery rhyme, Old MacDonald Had A Farm.
- woodland animals – squirrels, raccoons, hedgehogs, moose, badgers, wolves, chipmunks, foxes and deer.
- animals by region, for example African animals like lions, giraffes, zebras, hyenas, elephants, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, leopards, cheetahs, antelopes, buffalos, meerkats, and wildebeests.
- native animals by country, such as Australian animals – koalas, kangaroos, echidnas, platypus, emus, kookaburras, galahs, and possums.
You can also decorate your nursery walls with a one animal theme.
The sea is a fun theme. You can narrow it down by choosing:
- Mythical sea creatures like mermaids (consider using a mermaid svg to decorate your nursery wall), and sea serpents.
- Sea creatures like sharks, dolphins, whales, crabs, turtles, sea lions, fish, penguins, star fish, sea horses.
- The beach – sand, waves, palm trees
Headbands and bows
If you’re having a little baby girl, headbands and bows look so cute on their tiny heads! If you have accumulated a lot, hang them up in an artistic way instead of hiding them in a drawer, making them part of your nursery wall decor. Give it an extra oomph by using a bow svg or two.
Little kids love dinosaurs, so this option for wall decor will grow with your baby. You will be surprised how quickly they pick up and remember how to say the long names of dinosaurs. Think:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
Personalised and decorate your nursery wall with your babies name. Could do this by using:
- Giant block letters
- Letters on individual train carriages
- Fancy lettering
- In a frame
- Name night light
- Name plaques
Start your little one’s education early. Decorate your nursery walls with:
Instil the love for exploration and adventure, and give your little one the travel bug early. Sub themes include:
- World map
- Map of a region
- A continent – Australia, Asia, Antarctica, Europe, North America, South America, Africa.
- A country – where you live, where family lives abroad, a country you love, a country you want to visit, a country’s language you want to speak
Ways to depict these sub travel themes:
- A map
- Cultural events and dress
- Cultural art
- Cultural toys
Colours can be a great way to spruce up a room. Consider:
- Primary colours
- Single colour
- Different shades of the same colour
- Stereotypical pink for girls, blue for boys
There are so many ways you can decorate your baby’s nursery walls. What nursery wall ideas are you considering? What did you choose for your baby’s room?