We’re living in uncertain times. The way we used to live, work, socialise has changed over a few months, and things are still evolving. We have had to adapt and continue to carry on.
A lot of people have been impacted, including the blogging community. I know a lot of travel bloggers have been hit hard. But it’s not just travel, many niches are affected or will be impacted. For me, I’ve noticed my traffic has decreased, especially on Pinterest. I expect this relates to the decrease in travel searches due to the travel restrictions in place around the world. One of the topics I focus on is information about how to travel as a new mum, whilst saving time and money.
However, the current climate is temporary. Things will go back to normal, or a new normal. I also want to keep providing quality information to the Petite Capsule community, and to grow this community of new mums who want to save time and money. With this in mind, I have outlined the positive steps I’m taking to continue to grow Petite Capsule. I know if I push forward and do the work, it will pay off in the long run.
How to grow a blog
Most of the things I am doing to grow a blog relate to creating more content, increasing traffic, or building the Petite Capsule community.
- Training – A lot of free training is now available, including:
- Podcasts – I’m listening to more podcasts, such as:
- Digital Nomad Wannabe – Make Money Blogging
- Side Hustle School
- Be the Ultimate Affiliate.
- Hosting giveaways.
- Participating in collaboration posts (collabs).
- Hosting collaboration posts.
- Hosting guest posts.
- Writing guest posts.
- Creating opt ins to grow my email list.
- Writing sponsored posts.
- Writing buy guides.
- Building the Petite Capsule community on social media.
- Helping the blogging community.
- Content planning.
- Considering starting other blogs in the language learning and blogging space.
- Considering starting a freelance keyword research service.
- Considering starting a Pinterest pin creation service.